God' Pure Inspirational Essence Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 09:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
IF you would like to be a registered member, please send EMAIL to info@jesusworldwide.com May God bless you and give you His Wisdim and Knowledge in your ways to seek Him in all thing!
174 Posts in 78 Topics by 1,106 Members
Latest Member: wiliamscatt
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  God' Pure Inspirational Essence Forum
|-+  God's Inspirational Essence Forums
| |-+  Spirit, and the Water, and the Blood
| | |-+  Spiritual Armor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spiritual Armor  (Read 1778 times)
Clio
Approved Guest member

Fruit: 1

0001-01-01

« on: March 21, 2007, 04:00:17 PM »

Scripture ? Ephesians 6:10-20

?Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of *the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-- 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.? Ephesians 6:10-20 NKJV

The War we Fight

The devil exists.  Paul believed it, John the Revelator believed it, the angelic hosts of heaven believe it, and Yahshua certainly believes it.  Paul believed it so strongly that he bluntly tells us that we are not engaged in a struggle against what we can see and touch, but that we are caught up in a war.  A war where the combatants are invisible to our mortal eyes, perceivable only by the results of their actions, discernable only through the Word of Abba.

The Axis of Evil

Principalities, he says.  What?s a principality?  Monaco is one.  But I don?t think that?s what Paul meant.  The word Paul used was arche {ar-khay?} and that word has a very interesting meaning.  It encompasses the concepts of the very beginning, the first person or thing in a series, the leader.  It denotes the active cause of a thing, it?s origin or how it began, if you will.  It also means the one in first place, the ruler, or magistracy of angels or demons.

We struggle against the instigator of sin.  The leader of the fallen angels and demons.  The active cause of all our problems, Lucifer, satan himself.  And don?t kid yourself for one moment that Lucifer tempts us because he likes us and wants us with him instead of with Abba.  Lucifer tempts us because he boils over with hatred for us, hatred for Abba, and hatred for Yahshua.  He gnashes his teeth, and goes about like a hungry, roaring lion.  He clenches his fists, and actively seeks ways to destroy us. 

Basically, we have a military alliance here.  The leader of this Axis of Evil is a Principality, Lucifer himself.  Who else are we struggling against?  Paul tells us.

They are:

Powers ? Exousia {ex-oo-see?-ah}

and

Rulers ? Kosmokrator {kos-mok-rat?-ore}

We will examine each of these in detail, because Paul goes on to give detailed descriptions of each.  The words he chose to describe these powers and rulers impart a wealth of implied understanding to his contemporary audience.

Exousia, is translated as power 69 times, authority 29 times, jurisdiction once, liberty once, right twice, and strength once.  It is used to describe how Yahshua taught with ?Authority? in Matthew 7:29.  But that word implies so much more.

It?s primary meaning is the power of choice, the liberty to do as one wills. It can mean either a physical or mental power with which someone is endued that is either possessed or exercised.  It means the power of authority (influence) and the power of right (privilege).  It means the power to rule at all levels.  Over mankind, governmentally, even the power and authority a husband has over his wife.

But none of these are what Paul really means.  He?s struggling to define a concept for which there really are no words.  He?s telling us that we are fighting not just Lucifer, but the 1/3 of the hosts of heaven, the fallen angels, who by right of Adam?s sin became the governing authority on this planet.

He says so, immediately, by naming them kosmokrator, literally, the devil and his demons.

Paul then uses some adjectives that Bible translators tell us means spiritual wickedness.  But what Paul was really saying, was this:

These kosmokrators, these beings higher than man, yet less than God, once belonging to the Holy Spirit, once filled with and governed by the Spirit of God, and who have sunk to depravity, iniquity, wickedness, malice (anger, hatred), to evil desires and all manner of evil purposes, these beings of POWER are the alliance of evil against which we struggle every day.

These guys are real, folks, and they hate us!  They hate us for something they will never have.  They hate us that we are adopted into the Kingdom Family with the right to call the Source of all Life Abba, Father. 

Have you ever felt gut twisting, nausea making, and heart-pounding hatred for anyone or anything?  I?m sorry to say that I have.  Before I accepted Yahshua into my life and heart, and submitted to Him, I hated so bitterly, so strongly, that just the mere thought of that person would cause a physical reaction in me.  I used to plan how I could get even.  My plans were elaborate, every contingency planned for.  Oh how she was going to suffer!!!! Oh yes! Suffer being the operative word in every plan. I reveled in those plans.  I expanded on them, if I had been a cat, I would rolled in them like they were catnip.  But ultimately I was impotent to implement them. 

Lucifer and his Axis of Evil is not hindered in putting their plans conceived in hatred into action.  And don?t ever think he is unable to affect the physical world!  From the book of Job we know he can attack us physically, with medical ailments.  He can even slay us, because Abba Father warned him specifically not to take Job?s life.  He can affect the weather, witness the tornados that flattened the home of Job?s children and killed them all.  He can whisper in the ears of anyone and tempt them into actions that further his plans.

Masquerading as an Angel of Light

We?re at war, a war started before the creation of this world, a civil war in heaven.  A war about Who really is in charge.  We?re talking military coup here.

12 "How you are fallen from heaven,
O *Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
'I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.' Isaiah 14:12-14  NKJV

Did you know Lucifer means ?light-bearer??  Ever wonder how he will masquerade as an angel of light at the now, during the time of the end?  He will because is he is the light-bearer.  A name given to him by Abba Father himself.  How else could Isaiah known what to name him?

Armor of God

Thank Abba Father for Paul and how his mind worked!  Paul understands clearly that we are at war, and he tells us the awesome news that Abba has a gift for us.  It?s a suit of armor, designed especially for this fight.  It has all the important parts, a belt, a breastplate, shoes, a helmut, a shield and since we are warriors in this fight, a sword.

The Belt

The belt is the belt of truth.  We are to gird it about our waists.  You know, a belt is a unique thing.  We in the Western culture think of a belt as something on us.  Paul thought of it as something around him.  He walked around IN a belt of truth.

Think about Truth for a minute.  The Bible tells us that Yahshua Himself is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  It tells us that the Truth will set us free.  And if we are walking around in the belt of Truth, then we are walking in Truth, speaking in Truth, growing in Truth.  And the lies of the devil have no power over us.  We know that Satan is the father of lies and the truth is not in him.

When we are in Truth, then the lies of Pantheistic, monistic, polytheistic gods and goddesses, of self, and the occult have no power over us.  We walk in Truth, in Yahshua.  But we have to choose to put this belt on every day. 

The Breastplate

The breastplate of righteousness, what a concept.  Where does a breastplate go?  Right over your heart!  Proverbs 19:3 tells us ?The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.?   In Matthew 5:20 Yahshua tells us ?For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.?  He is telling us we have no righteousness of our own.

Yet Paul tells us that Abba Father has provided us a breastplate of righteousness, to put over our deceitful hearts.  We are putting on the very righteousness of Yahshua, for He is our righteousness.  The entire Book of Romans is a masterful treatise on Christ our righteousness and what that means to us as Christians.  Let us put on Yahshua, each morning, our righteousness and our breastplate in the Armor of God. 

The Shoes

We are to put on the Shoes of the Gospel of Peace.  Shoes cover our feet.  Our feet must be firmly planted in the foundation of the Gospel of Peace.  Our Saviour, the Prince of Peace, is our firm foundation.  The Gospel of Peace is the good news of our reconciliation with Abba Father through the atonement by His Son for our sins.  Think about the word atonement for a minute.  At ? Onement.
As One with Abba Father, through Peace.

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the Children of God. Mat. 5:9.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Yahshua Christ:  Romans 5:1.   That is the core of the Gospel of Peace.  We have peace with Abba Father through our Lord Yahshua Christ.  We must be firmly laced into our shoes of the Gospel of Peace, firmly founded in what Christ has done for each of us. Our glorious Prince of Peace.  We must choose to put Him on daily.

The Shield

Paul does not leave us without a shield.  We are told to take up the shield of faith, which quenches the fiery darts of the wicked.  Yahshua is the Author and Finisher of our Faith.  He graciously grants us faith, helps us to grow our faith, and fills us with faith.  A shield of faith is then a shield of Yahshua.  And what a shield!

Did you know that the word ?faith? is mentioned only twice in the entire Old Testament?  Once in Deuteronomy and once in Habakkuk.  In the New Testament, however, Faith is mentioned 245 times in 235 verses.  Faith heals.  Over and over Yahshua says to the lame, the sick, the blind, ?Your faith has made you whole.?  That still applies to us today.  It may not be the instantaneous blessing of healing as when Yahshua walked on earth, but faith brings emotional healing, mental healing, and even physical healing.  Yahshua performed healing miracles.  Things that happened instantly.  But healing can also take place over time, the process of healing also being the process of growing our faith.

It is faith that allows the power of God to flow through us.  Acts tells us that Stephen was a man of great faith and power, who did great wonders and miracles among the people.  We may not be granted the power to do great wonders and miracles among the people but we are granted the opportunity to be full of Faith.  We can choose to take up our shield of faith each and every day. 

I believe that someday soon, the power that allowed the disciples and the apostles to work the great wonders and miracles among the people will be poured out upon us.  Soon, for the day of the Lord is truly at hand.  But that?s another study?

A shield of Faith that quenches the fiery darts of the wicked.  A faith that makes us whole and free in Yahshua.  In Romans, Paul talks about the importance of Faith.  ?For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.? Romans 1:17.  Faith is our very life.

We are not to be passive resisters in this fight for the very glory of God.  We are given a weapon. 

The Sword

A Sword, the Word of God, sharper than any two-edged sword.  We are told in John 1:17 ?And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.?  Yahshua Himself is our weapon, for He is the Word made flesh. 

The sword is a mighty weapon.  And like any weapon can be used to destroy our enemies AND our allies.   Every person on this earth, until they make their irrevocable decision either for Abba or against Him is a child of God.  He woos them, loves them, meets them where they?re at.

How often have you seen the Word used to bash someone over the head with Thou shalts, Thou shouldsts, and damnation?  How does this mirror the love of Yahshua towards a fallen world, love that yearns for each living being to be redeemed, yet knows that so few will accept His freely offered salvation?

We are enjoined to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves.  Clearly proper wielding of this powerful weapon can only be done with a heart like Yahshua?s, full of compassion, love, and dividing rightly that judgement and heart ?assessment belong to Abba Father.

Every part of the Armor of God is Yahshua.  His attributes protect us, cover us, and make us victorious warriors in the Army of the King of Kings.

Yahshua Himself is our weapon, the Word, hidden in a heart full of faith, protected and covered by His righteousness, founded on the truth of our peace with God, and chosen daily as our free gift from Abba. 

With such Armor how can we not be victorious?
Report to moderator   Logged
IXOYE5
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:24:14 PM »

Yes Amen,

Through Faith and the Gift of the Holy Spirit we are armored with Discernment, Wisdom, Knowledge, Insight, Truth, Faith, Hope and Charity!

The whole Arnor of God...   "Put on the Whole Armor of God"   Clio just in this, goes beyond human understanding and the carnal flesh. Yet for those who are new creatures the Elect of God, Abba Father are shod with Truth and His Whole Armor.

Amen!  Thank you Clio! 

Now to Our Lord Jesus Christ the Hope of Our Salvation, and the Light to our path by Glory now and forever, Amen!

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: